Each user in PhoneIQ can setup their extension in three devices:
Desktop App or Salesforce CTI
When users are created by the administrator, they'll be given instant access to the desktop/Salesforce CTI and mobile apps using their email and password. Admins can also assign a desk phone to their users if required (see these instructions).
Once the devices of a user are setup and registered to our network, inbound calls to their extension will ring all enabled devices simultaneously and the end user will be able to choose to pickup the call from their device of choice. The other devices will stop ringing automatically once the call is established.
Users can place outbound calls directly from their device of choice.
Providing App access to your end users:
If your company has mainly deployed desk phones and your end user passwords were never shared with them, admins can quickly deploy apps to remote and mobile workers using the following instructions:
1. Setup your end user passwords and share their credentials with them (Email and new password). Passwords must contain at least an Uppercase letter, a Lowercase letter and 8 characters. You must also avoid using the end users first name or last name as part of the password.
2. Install the end user apps and login.
3. Verify the apps are registered to our Telecom network.
Desktop app: Open the soft phone and check for the status "Connected"
Salesforce CTI: Upper left corner check for the status "Ready".
Mobile App: Check for the Green Status on the app's header
If the end user faces issues with SIP Registrations, please contact support and use this tool to trouble shoot their Desktop App and CTI WebRTC/SIP connectivity (the test must be run on the same PC and network as PhoneIQ).
Call Quality Considerations and Recommendations:
When deploying cloud VoIP, network infrastructure is the key component to ensuring reliable and consistent voice quality. When managing Office setups, this can be achieved by doing diligent work and following our Network Readiness & Assurance Guide.
When deploying Cloud VoIP to mobile and remote workers, network setup is the most most challenging aspect.
PhoneIQ recommendations for Remote Workers:
- Use the desktop app or Salesforce CTI over the mobile app when possible.
- Use a recommended USB Headset with your PC. Setup your headset using these instructions.
- Connect your PC to the network via ethernet (highly preferred over Wifi).
- Internet connectivity via Fiber Optic Cable when possible (over wireless or Copper).
- Limit the use of streaming services and network intensive services (E.g.: Netflix, Youtube, Spotify, Torrents, etc.).
Troubleshooting Voice Quality:
- PhoneIQ User hears choppy audio. WAN/LAN Download Connectivity Issue (Package Loss/Jitter).
- Third party hears choppy audio. WAN/LAN Upload Connectivity Issue (Package Loss/Jitter).
- End user apps don't ring on inbound calls. Check SIP Registration, and if registration is ok, check that your router is not on our network equipment blacklist.
- Outbound calls don't connect. Check SIP Registrations.
Will the end user be charged for calls made through their PC or Mobile?
Phone calls made or taken through the mobile and desktop app won't incur charges on the end user. They will be billed as phone calls made or taken from desk phones since they are simply extensions of the Phone System.
Will calls be automatically recorded?
If call recording is enabled for the user, queue or call flow, they will be automatically recorded as it would with their desk phone.
Will behavior in reporting, queues or call flows change?
No, the expected behavior should be the same regardless of the end users device of choice.
Will the mobile app import my personal contact into PhoneIQ?
No. If authorized by the end user, contacts will be imported into the mobile app and stored in the app's local storage to facilitate dialing out to their mobile contacts. The list won't be synced to the cloud.